- If your Trifolds are brand new, they will need to be prepped before use.
- To prep your Trifolds, wash on hot with detergent 5-6 times, drying at least partially between each wash.
- Trifolds that have been previously used will not need to be prepped.
- If your GroVia Gives package includes used Trifolds, they will arrive clean and ready to use.
- Covers do not need to be prepped.
- Remove as much solid matter as possible. Shake solids into a toilet and flush.
- Wash your diapers with the full recommended amount of detergent every two days with warm water and an extra rinse.
- Avoid detergents with a lot of plant oils, fabric softeneres, whiteners or bleach.
- Expose your diapers to the proper concentration of detergent for 30-45 minutes for an HE washer, or the longest cycle for a non-HE
- Avoid additives like baking soda, vinegar, boosters, essential oils, etc.
- We recommend line-drying your Covers, tumble dry Trifolds on low.
- Store soiled diapers in a diaper pail.